Welcome to FirstEnergy Ohio Utilities’
2019 Ohio Compliant RECs & SRECs RFP Home Page
Please click here to sign up for our mailing list to receive updates regarding this RFP.
FirstEnergy Ohio Utilities’ is seeking proposals for firm delivery of 11,400 SRECs and 401,200 RECs for its 2019 compliance requirements under Ohio Law as amended pursuant to Senate Bill 310. RECs and SRECs must be delivered to FirstEnergy Ohio Utilities’ no later than February 14, 2020 via the GATS Tracking System.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please click here to view responses to Q&A received.
- 2019 Ohio REC RFP Bid Rules
- 2019 Ohio REC RFP Attachment 1 – Communications Protocol
- 2019 Ohio REC RFP – Purchase and Sale Agreement
All bid forms required under this RFP are available to be completed entirely online, and can be accessed once the bidder has registered for access. After registering, please access the bid forms via the Application Dashboard. You will be prompted to sign in. Bid forms include:
- Credit Application Form: Submit only once for the proposing entity. You will receive a copy of your submission via e-mail in PDF format. This application may be completed at any time after issuance of the RFP but prior to the RFP due date. Early submission is recommended.
- Qualifying Application Form: Submit only once for the proposing entity. You will receive a copy of your submission via e-mail in PDF format. The qualifying application must be submitted prior to the RFP due date.
- Bid Price Form: Multiple distinct bids may be submitted by each proposing entity. You will receive a copy of each of your submissions via e-mail in PDF format. A Credit Application form and Qualifying Application form must have been received by the RFP Manager in order for Bid Price Proposals to be evaluated.
RFP Schedule of Events
|Issue RFP Documents||September 30|
|RFP Overview Webinar (11:00 AM)||October 8|
|FAQ Deadline (5:00 PM)||October 18|
|FAQ Responses Posted on Website||October 25|
|Credit Application, Qualifying Application and Bid Price |
Proposal Submission Due Date (5:00 PM)
|Notification of Successful Proposer Award(s)||November 12|
|Executed PSAs (PDFs) due back||November 15|
|Posting of Security (if applicable)||November 15|
FirstEnergy Ohio Utilities has retained Navigant Consulting, Inc. to serve as RFP Manager. Navigant can be contacted via email at email@example.com. This website is maintained by Navigant.
 FirstEnergy Ohio Utilities refers to: The Cleveland Electric Illuminating Company, Ohio Edison Company and The Toledo Edison Company.
 FirstEnergy Ohio Utilities reserves the right to modify these dates at its sole discretion and accepts no liability to the extent the actual schedule is different from the anticipated schedule. In the event a change is made to the RFP Schedule, a revised schedule will be posted on the RFP website.
 Unless noted otherwise, all times refer to Eastern Prevailing Time (“EPT”)