Welcome to FirstEnergy Ohio Utilities’
2020 Ohio Compliant RECs RFP Home Page
Please click here to sign up for our mailing list to receive updates regarding this RFP.
FirstEnergy Ohio Utilities is seeking proposals for firm delivery of 373,000 RECs for its 2020 compliance requirements under Ohio Law as amended pursuant to Senate Bill 310 and HB 6. RECs sought in this RFP must be eligible for compliance with the companies’ 2020 renewable energy obligations in accordance with rules and procedures put forth by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO), be deliverable through PJM EIS GATS, and be generated between January 1, 2018, and December 31, 2020. RECs are inclusive of solar renewable energy credits and will therefore be accepted to meet the quantity to be purchased in this RFP.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please click here to view responses to Q&A Received
- 2020 Ohio REC RFP Bid Rules
- 2020 Ohio REC RFP Attachment 1: Communications Protocol
- 2020 Ohio REC RFP Purchase and Sale Agreement
All bid forms required under this RFP are available to be completed entirely online, and can be accessed once the bidder has registered for access. After registering, please access the bid forms via the Application Dashboard. You will be prompted to sign in. Bid forms include:
- Credit Application Form: Submit only once for the proposing entity. You will receive a copy of your submission via e-mail in PDF format. This application may be completed at any time after issuance of the RFP but prior to the RFP due date. Early submission is recommended.
- Qualifying Application Form: Submit only once for the proposing entity. You will receive a copy of your submission via e-mail in PDF format. The qualifying application must be submitted prior to the RFP due date.
- Bid Price Form: Multiple distinct bids may be submitted by each proposing entity. You will receive a copy of each of your submissions via e-mail in PDF format. A Credit Application form and Qualifying Application form must have been received by the RFP Manager in order for Bid Price Proposals to be evaluated.
RFP Schedule of Events
|Issue RFP Documents||September 30|
|RFP Overview Webinar (11:00 AM)||October 8|
|FAQ Deadline (5:00 PM)||October 16|
|FAQ Responses Posted on Website||October 30|
|Credit Application Preferred Submittal Date||November 2|
|Credit Application, Qualifying Application and Bid Price |
Proposal Submission Due Date (5:00 PM)
|Notification of Successful Proposer Award(s)||November 17|
|Executed PSAs (PDFs) due back||November 20|
|Posting of Security (if applicable)||November 20|
F FirstEnergy Ohio Utilities has retained Guidehouse Inc. to serve as RFP Manager. Guidehouse can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This website is maintained by Guidehouse.
 FirstEnergy Ohio Utilities refers to: The Cleveland Electric Illuminating Company, Ohio Edison Company and The Toledo Edison Company.
 FirstEnergy Ohio Utilities reserves the right to modify these dates at its sole discretion and accepts no liability to the extent the actual schedule is different from the anticipated schedule. In the event a change is made to the RFP Schedule, a revised schedule will be posted on the RFP website.
 Unless noted otherwise, all times refer to Eastern Prevailing Time (“EPT”)